Re: Some questions

From: ЄЖЄRSoN CმStმNЄDმ (emeca..mail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 12 2010 - 13:35:56 UTC

    Hi André

    On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:49 PM, André Rothe <aroth..hosco.info> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm not familiar with Cayenne, so I have some question to come to a
    > decision about the usage ohi Cayenne in the current project.
    > Is it possible to use multiple databases with Cayenne? We have written some
    > code to load JDBC driver dynamically on runtime, so we can provide
    > additional databases without restarting the application/server. Is it
    > possible to use such a feature with Cayenne? The database schemas are
    > different too...

    Yes it is possible, I can handle 3 connections at same time between
    different data sources (Postgres, Oracle and Derby)

    > The database schemas of the application increase at runtime, is it possible
    > to create new Cayenne-like classes at runtime?

    I am not sure about that, but you should be able to load the new
    obj-entities - db-entities at runtime. It is possible recharging the data
    context without restarting the application/server

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/obtaining-datacontext.html

    > Is there any bigger open-source project, which I can test to see Cayenne
    > "in action"?

    I don't know about how big it is in your opinion :), but i am sure an useful
    example is: http://www.avoka.com/click-examples/home.htm, Apache Click
    examples in the main menu at integration option, you have 4 examples using
    cayenne framework

    > Thanks a lot
    > Andre

    EmeCas