JPA Question

From: Chad Smith (chadksmith..mail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2009 - 15:40:46 EST

    I'm currently using 2.0.4 but I'm curious about migrating to v3 b/c I'm interested in using an annotations based persistence model. My assumption was that I could do the following ...

    - download Cayenne 3
    - import an existing data model
    - and re-generate all the classes

    ... my expectation was that I would see annotations in the cayenne generated super classes ... but it doesn't look like that is the case. I tried various different generation modes but none of that seems to generate the actual annotations.

    I downloaded and browsed through JPA example project and I noticed that the base classes contain annotations but I don't see how they got there.

    What up?

    Thanks in advance.

    :~)
    Chad