Contributions to Cayenne

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 01:41:16 EST

    Guys,

    Recently I got in touch with Andriy Shapochka (or rather it was the other
    way around - he contacted me today :-)). He is one of the original Cayenne
    designers, though he is not a project committer at the moment.

    Currently he is doing a commercial implementation of a Cayenne-based system
    on Oracle. In the process he created a set of extremely useful
    additions/fixes to Cayenne that he (and the company he is working with -
    Reusable Software Components) is ready to donate to Cayenne. I am still
    going through this code and may even check it in to a separate outside
    module in CVS once we finish discussing the details with Andriy and Co. In
    the meantime I am attaching the README file from his code. In short the
    following features will be added:

    1. Custom-named Oracle sequences. Actually I need this one for my own
    project, so I can't wait to see this. Though looks like this need to be
    generalized some more to be customizable for other adapters.

    2. Correct insert/update/delete ordering. Andriy wrote a separate graph
    library that handles dependency tracking (he is a math guru too...). He is
    ready to OpenSource it as a top-level ObjectStyle.org project that he will
    continue developing in the future. This is the same issue addressed
    recently by Craig so I would appreciate the comments (functionality notes
    are in README).

    :-)

    Andrus