Re: Initial event handling

From: Andrus (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 21:47:27 EST

    The event package looks very good. I hope we will find lots of other uses
    for it in the future.

    A few notes below...

    1. Do you have plans to make ObserverManager send distributed notifications?

    2. Since DataContextTransactionEventHandler and DataObjectTransactionEvents
    specifically deal with DataContext events, maybe they should be a part of
    "access" package, making "event" a generic event notification framework?

    >- the dependency between DataContext and the DCEventHandler is dubious but
    >looks unavoidable.

    3. How about DataContext.setTransactionEventsEnabled() triggering this?
    What I am suggesting is moving static initialization block from DataContext
    to the handler itself, but making sure that it is invoked every time
    setTransactionEventsEnabled is called in the code. Does it make sense?

    Andrus