Re: ByteArray trimming - why?

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Tue Mar 04 2003 - 05:27:32 EST

    Thinking more about trimming, I am becoming more and more convinced that
    CHAR should be treated as fixed size char[] in Java as well, just like
    byte[] (via wrapper type 'CharacterArray' to track changes - like Andrus'
    NSData-like ByteArray wrapper idea). No matter where
    stripping/no-stripping is done, it's always 'kind of' wrong - basically
    the fault is in the physical data model and I think if people chose the
    wrong data type we should not try to fix this.
    Opinions?

    Holger