Re: Suggestion for nightly builds

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 14:45:21 EST

    I agree with all the suggestions. It shouldn't be too much trouble to
    implement. I'll do it sometime after I am done with Stored Procedure
    support for Beta. Build script is in Perl and therefore can be easily
    customized to do whatever ;-).

    1. Doing unit tests on all databases: totally doable, since now I have
    all those databases on my home machines
    2. Uploading reports: don't see any problems, another call to rsync
    that is used for uploading tarballs.
    3. Performance Tests: this is not all straightforward. I noticed that
    the number can change dramatically if I change the order of "suites". I
    guess Java class loading and garbage collection are the factors that
    add to uncertainty. I guess we need to run each suite in a separate
    JVM. I guess I can do some ant based runner. In general I am hesitant
    about publishing performance numbers for the development code. This may
    create a wrong impression, and lead to premature optimization attempts.
    4. Regression. I believe there were some Oracle-specific issues. Don't
    remember now.

    Andrus