Re: Unit Test Reports

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 11:16:58 EST

    >> the build file to allow forcing test reports even if no failures
    >> occurred (use another property: -Dcayenne.test.report=true). This will
    >> be useful for things like nightly builds.
    >
    > excellent - thanks. just tested and it works fine.

    Check out the nightly builds folder, there are still some bugs in the
    script, but it already uploads all test results:

     http://objectstyle.org/downloads/cayenne/nightly/2003-4-3/nightly-test/

    >> I submitted bug report to Ant team, but it was closed without
    >> investigation. They were simply reluctant to fix other's bugs, so
    >> nobody even bothered to look into the suggested fix. Oh well, we did
    >> our part, what do we care now.
    >
    > Now that makes me angry. The bug(s) behave differently on other JDK
    > versions, but just shrugging that off is highly unprofessional and
    > reflects badly on the Apache organization. It's not their responsibility
    > to fix Java or JDK bugs, but a runtime factor >100 is not something to
    > ignore, especially since it will only be fixed in Java 1.5 which is
    > still far in the future. Imagine the time wasted for large projects that
    > have hundreds or thousands of unit tests. :-(

    Well, this may also be in part related to my inexperience with Bugzilla UI
    (or the lack of it :-)). My original submission seemed to was trimmed, and
    subsequent attempts to add a comment to a bug were quietly discarded (or
    so I think) by Bugzilla. Hate CGI scripts.

    Anyway, since now we have a fix, if can create one big "cvs diff -u"
    patch, we can submit it on ant-dev. You can do it, or if you send me a
    patch I can submit it myself.

    Andrus