Accumulated cayenne.jar a bad idea?

From: Holger Hoffstätte (holge..izards.de)
Date: Sat Apr 05 2003 - 03:02:45 EST

    It seems that managing the classpath turns out to be a challenging problem
    for many people. Partially this is our fault since we do not explicitly
    mention the dependencies in the base distribution, at least I couldn't
    find any place where the dependencies for cayenne-nodeps.jar are listed. I
    think it might be easier for everybody to just get cayenne-nodeps.jar
    (renamed to cayenne.jar) and then be resposible for getting the required
    dependencies for themselves; alternatively we could ship the QA'd jars in
    the lib directory - don't know what kind of license problems this might
    give us.
    Other ideas?

    Holger