Re: Oracle Connection Manager failure

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri May 23 2003 - 10:29:59 EDT

    > Don't know whether the following should be considered a bug. Still worth
    > mentioning, I guess.
    >
    > Scenario:
    > OS: Win2K
    > Database: Oracle 9.2, access over Oracle Connection Manager, its
    > parameters set to defaults.

    Hmm, never used Connection Manager. Looks interesting, though I still
    don't know how this can be useful for my applications.

    > So I just thought, at some point it could
    > be worthwhile to add a public method to DataDomain or DataNode that
    > would allow a user to close all actual connections to the database
    > whenever this might be needed.

    I agree. Configuration would be a good place for a global shutdown method,
    since it holds all DataDomains. So we will need to implement:

    Configuration.shutdown();
    DataDomain.shutdown();
    DataNode.shutdown()

    the last one will need to check the type of DataSource and if this is a
    recognized type (Cayenne's PoolManager), call "dispose" on it.

    My +1 for treating this as a bug and fixing it while we are in Beta.

    Andrus