Re: Interesting DB Adapter problem

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 15:22:02 EDT

    On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 10:31 AM, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
    > Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >>> always thought you only need to specify NOT NULL explicitly, and that
    >>> anything else is allowed to be NULL by default. If so, maybe we could
    >>> remove this default-NULL from the JdbcAdapter? Would spare me a whole
    >>> method.
    >>
    >> +1
    >>
    >> You are talking about "CREATE TABLE..." statement, right? I guess
    >> other
    >> databases will work just fine if we make this change.
    >
    > They do, I just tested against MySQL 4.1, Oracle 8.1, PostgreSQL 7.3.2
    > and
    > HSQLDB, all still work.

    Turned out to be not that simple. Sybase by default creates a NOT NULL
    column, also PostgreSQL 7.3.2 tests were failing. So I had to revert
    your change, and instead copy paste your "createTable" implementation
    to DB2 adapter. Not very pretty, but now everything works again. All my
    changes are in CVS now.

    Andrus