Re: OpenBase adapter checked in to sandbox

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 11:55:55 EST

    On Dec 5, 2003, at 11:48 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    >> Mike Kienenberger just submitted his OpenBase adapter, that implements
    >> OpenBase native PK generation mechanism. It is checked in to my
    >> sandbox
    >> with some modifications:
    >>
    >> http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-47
    >>
    >> It has some issues though. We can check it in to Cayenne once the
    >> problems are resolved. If anyone can help bringing it to production
    >> state (or at least to a state when all unit tests pass), this is
    >> really
    >> appreciated. I know very little about OpenBase and may overlook
    >> obvious
    >> solutions.
    >
    > I'll go ahead and do that. Just give me a hint how to run the
    > cayenne unit
    > tests. :)

    We have the instructions in Cayenne Developer guide:

        http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/developerguide/unit-tests.html

    Let me know if you have any problems. I suggest starting with the
    version of adapter in my sandbox, since it fixes some of the DDL issues
    already.

    > This is still a work-in-progress for me. It "works better" than the
    > standard JDBC driver, but still has at least one issue that I know of

    > (dates
    > saved to the database aren't correct when they get there).

    I think I saw a related unit test failure too... Haven't looked any
    deeper though.

    Andrus