Re: weird 'SoundsLike' insert error during unit testing on OpenBase support for Cayenne framework

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 20:05:00 EST

    On Dec 20, 2003, at 5:19 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    >> INSERT INTO BINARY_PK_TEST1 (ID, NAME) VALUES (?, ?)
    >> [bind: 1, 'master1']
    >> *** error.
    >> java.sql.SQLException: SQL ERROR - [position 47, near 'SoundsLike' in
    >> ') VALUES (?, 'master1')'] insert error: Formula parse error
    >>

    >> SQL: INSERT INTO BINARY_PK_TEST1 (ID, NAME) VALUES (null, 'master1')
    >> at com.openbase.net.c.a(Unknown Source)
    >> at com.openbase.jdbc.p.a(Unknown Source)
    >> at com.openbase.jdbc.p.do(Unknown Source)
    >> at com.openbase.jdbc.s.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)

    Mike,

    this turned out to be our bug, not OpenBase. There is a special
    handling code for binary PKs in
    JdbcPkGenerator.generatePkForDbEntity(). Since OpneBase is the only
    adapter that overrides this method, I haven't paid much attention to
    that... Anyway, I updated OpenBaseAdapter in CVS, and now this
    particular test succeeds.

    Andrus