Re: SourceForge CVS issues

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Jan 25 2004 - 01:08:13 EST

    On Jan 23, 2004, at 12:06 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > SourceForge admits having problems with CVS server. This time it is
    > main developer repository:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1
    > http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
    > docid=2352&group_id=1#1074819096
    >
    > Sigh... Developer CVS access used to be the only thing that worked
    > perfectly over the years that I am using SourceForge. Not anymore :-(
    >
    > I guess this explains our continuing nightly build errors that were
    > supposed to be fixed long time ago. And of course the fact that I
    > can't sync my code for a while...
    >
    > Andrus

    Finally CVS seems to be back to normal. For the last three days it was
    in a really bad state - the main server had a stale version of CVS, but
    commits were still allowed! You can imagine the implications... Later
    on a repository was partially synced with whatever snapshot they
    thought was "current". This fixed some things, but screwed up some
    other. In particular if a given file was committed by more than one
    developer during the last three days, some revisions got lost. Running
    "cvs update" on a local copy would not even detect that. I found two
    files that lost my changes as a result of Andriy checking in Data
    manually.

    After some cleanup all unit tests started to succeed, but I really
    can't tell if there is any more damage still undetected, so Andriy, if
    you see something suspicious on your end do a "cvs log" to see what
    really happened to a given file. You may notice updates to the files in
    the dataview package. I added Cayenne license to all the files, and
    cleaned up a few Eclipse warnings (small things - unused imports,
    unused local variables).

    Also finally we have a successful nightly build :

    http://objectstyle.org/downloads/cayenne/nightly/2004-1-25/

    Andrus