Re: Support for HSQLDB 1.8 schemas?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 12:26:37 EDT

    > I only use HSQL in embedded mode (in Modeler preferences and unit
    > tests) and I haven't seen any issues. It looks like we explicitly
    > suppress schemas in the HSQL adapter. If you are seeing problems with
    > that, let's go ahead and fix it.

    Yes, I think I was the one who originally suppressed them because they
    weren't supported in 1.7, At least, that's what the issue tracker
    says.

    > Also if this is 1.7 vs 1.8 issue, we can autodetect version via
    > HSQLDBSniffer, and configure the right schema support behavior (we
    > are doing similar version detection, though for a different purpose,
    > in the OracleSniffer).

    Ok. I'll open an issue and I'll take a look when I get a chance.
    I'm using HSQLDB as a local source of remote Oracle data. Definitely
    different behavior between 1.7 and 1.8.

    It appears that schemas work fine in the day-to-day operation of
    cayenne once you set them up manually, but the "generate schema"
    methods need to be updated to create tables in the proper schemas for
    1.8.