documentation

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2006 - 21:38:12 EDT

    I just checked in the code to generate the docs. I have not tied in the ant
    task yet, as it does add considerable weight to the build time - about 2
    minutes on my high speed connection. Basically, it would run something like
    this:

            <docgen spaceKey="CAYDOC" docBase="${doc.base}"
    startPage="Documentation" username="${confluenceUser.username}" password="${
    confluenceUser.password}" />
            <copy todir="${doc.base}">
                <fileset dir="../cayenne-other/docs">
                    <include name="**/*"/>
                </fileset>
            </copy>

    This will include the CSS and supporting images. The rest is fed through a
    velocity template, and the content is pulled via the SOAP API. All
    attachments (aka images) are pulled locally and included in the doc bundle,
    which seems to weigh in at around 2mb, not much larger than the old docs
    when you consider what we've added in terms of new content. Note that a
    confluence user/pass is required.

    I THINK the generated content is now correct. I've tested all the links,
    etc. Feedback on this is definitely appreciated! Hopefully we can have this
    all in place for the first milestone.

    Cris