Re: VARCHAR and trailing space

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 16:35:47 EDT

    On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 16:21 -0400, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > I see. What I couldn't understand till now is how you ended up with
    > such data. This explains it :-)

    Did you really think that an MS Access adapter would be just another
    adapter? :-)

    MS Access is used for some pretty foul smelling applications out there.
    Lots of nasty issues and sordid histories. Often Access applications are
    written by non-programmers who get into all sorts of trouble.

    My goal with the MS Access adapter is to provide something that can
    aid migration to a real database.

    E.g. I don't have any particular issues with adding a 3 second delay to
    MSAccessPkGenerator.autoPkTableExists() as long as it works reliably
    enough to run the JUnit tests. Adding support for reverse engineering
    would be nice, but I shudder at the thought since I don't think
    the MS Access JDBC implementation will be stable enough(evidence so
    far points towards lots of problems).

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com