Cayenne & Tapestry database field name confusion

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Thu May 25 2006 - 16:44:41 EDT

    I've been observing someone who's trying to learn Cayenne, Tapestry and
    Java all at the same time :-)

    One thing that is causing lots of confusion is all the different ways in
    which a database field appears, each with unique naming/syntax:

    - Tapestry OGNL
    - Database record field name
    - Cayenne property name
    - Cayenne Java identifier for Cayenen property name
    - Java get/set methods

    Throw in that Tapestry has a .html template, a .java file and
    an .xml file, one can not help but understand the confusion,
    frustration & anger. :-)

    So what would help here? Beats me. OGNL support in Eclipse Spindle
    plugin? Cayenne plugin for Eclipse?

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com