Re: Standalone Cayenne Modeler application

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2006 - 07:15:57 EDT

    On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 06:56 -0400, Kevin Menard wrote:
    > We had bounced around a similar idea not to long ago on this list. The
    > general concensus, however, seemed to be that that the NetBeans RCP would
    > be better for our needs than the Eclipse one. Right now, I see very
    > little value in rewriting the entire application any RCP, let alone
    > switching all to SWT.

    I read over the thread below.

    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-devel/2006/02/0051.html

    I didn't find this in the discussion:

    - Which route will give the most synergy effects? e.g. Cayenne
      Modeler alone is fine, but it would be nice to have a database
      browser http://www.eclipse.org/datatools (?) built in as well,
      XML editor/viewer?

    - References to the Eclipse plugin. If the Eclipse plugin effort becomes
      significant, then perhaps the modeler will be folded into that plugin
      anyway. Using Eclipse RCP would be a way to make that plugin available
      as a standalone app.

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com