Re: confluence maven plugin

From: Bill Dudney (bdudne..pache.org)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 09:37:18 EDT

  • Next message: Tobias Schoessler (JIRA): "[JIRA] Created: (CAY-639) JDBC datatype of MySQL INT UNSIGNED is mapped as java.lang.Integer should be java.lang.Long"

    On Aug 29, 2006, at 5:13 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > On Aug 29, 2006, at 2:49 PM, Bill Dudney wrote:
    >
    >> Some of the URL's point back to cwiki.a.o,
    >
    > What space do they point to? Can you give an example? Maybe they
    > are pointing to a different space (which is ok)?

    Sorry to be so flighty. I'm doing 15 things at once.

    It looks like all the internal (to the space) URL's are relative. You
    can get a picture of what i'm talking about here;

    http://people.apache.org/~jefft/confluence

    Jeff Turner is posting each export from every space from cwiki.

    >> some don't.
    >
    > So they are relative?

    >>> I don't understand why do you need that? During the export web
    >>> service (DocGenerator) uses the credentials you supply - no need
    >>> to do anything special with the URL's.
    >>>

    >> The export works fine and I can take the URL and download the zip
    >> file from my browser that has the right cookie but I can't
    >> download the zip file from the DocGenerator without a 503 error.
    >> I'm going to be back at it later this week to try again. If you
    >> have any ideas I'd love to hear them.
    >
    > I don't have any ideas without looking at the error. DocGenerator
    > doesn't download a zip though. It uses XML RPC API to list the
    > pages and get page contents one by one.
    >
    > Not sure how test it with Maven. If you can give me some
    > instructions, I can take a look.

    I'm trying to change the DocGenerator so that it uses the confluence
    web service's exportSpace instead of having to traverse every page
    and do the reworking of URL's ourselves. the stuff you find at ~jefft
    is exported in this fashion. My thinking was that it would be better
    to invoke one method on Confluence than keep up all the code we have
    to do the same basic thing.

    The exportSpace method returns a URL that you can use to download a
    zip file of the exported space (like the content found at ~jefft
    above). And that is where the login stuff goes wrong. When i try to
    open a connection on that URL and get the content I get a 503 error.
    However if I log into the confluence space from my browser and paste
    in the URL it downloads just fine. So I'm assuming that the browser
    has a cookie or is passing the credentials some other way that makes
    the server OK with delivering the .zip file.

    Hopefully that is a bit clearer :-)

    TTFN,

    -bd-