Re: Proposed Cayenne TLP Resolution

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Dec 23 2006 - 13:55:20 EST

    Great news!!!! I've been on the road for the last three days (leaving
    like 0.5 hour before the email from Jim arrived), so I only read it
    today.

    I consider this to be one of the most important milestones for
    Cayenne and certainly not the last one. ;-) ASF is a great community
    of computer geeks and the Incubation process was a two-way road.
    Judging by the board vote, we were successful in demonstrating to the
    foundation that Cayenne is a viable project that understands how
    community development works. On our end we've learned a lot how the
    ASF operates and (at least I'll speak for myself), started to
    appreciate why certain things are done in a certain way. Having 1000+
    open source developers (or what was the latest ASF committer count?)
    as allies has to count for something as well. And now we will have
    more chance to contribute to the ASF progress and find more synergies
    with other community members.

    Thanks everybody for contributing to the project and for all the work
    needed for our integration with Apache.

    I am still recovering from the trip, also a number of folks are off
    for Christmas. So let's discuss the concrete future steps in a few
    days (like making a broader announcement, and updating the
    infrastructure).

    Happy holidays to those who celebrates them :-)

    Andrus