Re: Shipping fat jar?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 13:21:51 EST

    On Jan 3, 2007, at 8:04 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > I always liked having a fat JAR just because I didn't have to guess
    > what
    > Cayenne's dependencies were.

    That's true. I am trying to find an equally usable solution. So far I
    can think of a "lib/third-party" folder that I mentioned (and put
    into the new assembly descriptor). All its contents can be copied to
    WEB-INF/lib, and this also gives a chance to resolve version
    conflicts with other frameworks that share the same dependencies with
    Cayenne.

    > Having said that, I won't cry over spilt milk if it's gone.
    > Especially
    > since I've migrated to maven and have a whole new lot of things to cry
    > about :-(

    Tell me about it. Every time I forget how bad Maven is, something new
    comes up in Cayenne that I spend a week fixing. I guess third party
    integration is the *only* reason for us to continue using Maven.
    Since the rest of the world decided to play this game, we are stuck
    in it too :-/

    Andrus