Re: DbEntity Comments

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 09:06:02 EST

    Hi Dirk,

    I also had performance concerns. So maybe store all that bulky
    optional metadata (be it just comments or some arbitrary key value
    pairs) in a separate properties file sitting next to the project
    descriptor (cayenne.properties?). Each property name will be prefixed
    with a location of the property-owning node in the project tree. E.g.:

    map:mymap1.dbentity:myentity1.abc.comment = ABC...
    map:mymap2.objentity:myentity2.abc.comment = XYZ...

    ... or something. Properties can be loaded lazily on first access and
    CayenneModeler would take care of building the proper keys.

    Is this similar to what you've done?

    Andrus