Re: DbEntity Comments

From: Ahmed Mohombe (amohomb..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 08:33:13 EST

    > I guess the term "comment" is too narrow and misleading here.
    Maybe, but what I'm missing from Cayenne(+modeler) are really "comments"
    in the simple form, not annotations or other fancy things: just comments.

    Depending on the working procedure, to be able to propagate them(or override). E.g.:

    1.
    DB[DBTool] -> DataMap[CM] -> JavaDoc[CM generated]
    - in this case, by reverse engineering a DB, to propagate the DB comments till
    the generated Java sources, to benefit from the IDE quick help (or override them
    if the mapping is not straight forward).

    2.
    DataMap[CM] -> DB [CM generated]

    JavaDoc[CM generated]

    - in this case, by generating the DB, to include the comments in the DDL and in the java sources too.

    The above are the most used approaches when working with Cayenne, and the only thing that is really
    missing right now are the comments.

    Ahmed.