Re: [ANN] Cayenne 3.0M1 Released

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 06:28:32 EDT

    > Wow, even with our slowed down release schedule we've made it to #7
    > on Frehsmeat project vitality list:
    >
    > http://freshmeat.net/stats/#vitality

    Cool. Although that list looks completely arbitrary. I mean what sort
    of scoring system is: (announcements * age) / (last_announcement)?

    I've posted news to Javalobby (nice site), but couldn't get anywhere
    with theServerSide.com since I created a new account but it would not
    let me log in no matter what I did.

    It would help if people (especially the development team here) would
    post a rating at http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4980 and maybe add
    themselves to the map to show we care. Perhaps some users would like
    to post a comment there too.

    Clearly these publicity activities are important. The more people are
    aware of Cayenne, the more support it will get from new developers.
    And I think this is even more important in the open source world.
    There are very very few blogs and sites which discuss Cayenne at the
    moment and I think we need to change that. Ideally I'd love to get a
    respected technical writer to interview Andrus or discuss the
    implications of a new JPA provider becoming available.

    Ari Maniatis

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8