Re: [ANN] Cayenne 3.0M1 Released

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2007 - 14:12:34 EDT

    On Jul 29, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:

    > I've posted news to Javalobby (nice site), but couldn't get
    > anywhere with theServerSide.com since I created a new account but
    > it would not let me log in no matter what I did.

    TSS is often flaky. Maybe worth another try.

    > It would help if people (especially the development team here)
    > would post a rating at http://www.ohloh.net/projects/4980 and maybe
    > add themselves to the map to show we care. Perhaps some users would
    > like to post a comment there too.

    I won't be rating Cayenne myself, as that would look way too JBossy,
    but what both developer and users can do is to log in and click on
    "Stack It" button (meaning that they use Cayenne somewhere). Looks
    like the # of "stacks" is the main popularity metric on ohloh anyways.

    > Clearly these publicity activities are important. The more people
    > are aware of Cayenne, the more support it will get from new
    > developers. And I think this is even more important in the open
    > source world. There are very very few blogs and sites which discuss
    > Cayenne at the moment and I think we need to change that. Ideally
    > I'd love to get a respected technical writer to interview Andrus or
    > discuss the implications of a new JPA provider becoming available.

    I am available, so who are the writers :-)

    Andrus