Re: Building Cayenne on Java 6

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Jan 06 2008 - 05:32:03 EST

    Hi Jason,

    I think the stumbling block was all the new interfaces that existing
    JDBC interfaces return from the new methods (SQLXML, NClob, etc.). I
    don't see how the patch addresses it. Essentially the patch bumps up
    the version of our implementations to Java 1.6, but makes it
    incompatible with Java 1.5 compile environment.

    As a temporary solution I guess we can stub the missing interface
    dependencies for Java 5 compilation purposes, making a small Maven
    module with "provided" scope. But if we do, then we don't need to
    change the existing inheritance hierarchy. We can simply implement the
    missing methods.

    Or did I overlook something obvious?

    Cheers,
    Andrus