3.0 M3 test results

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 16:34:32 EST

    I've just finished up a bout of testing, and here are my results:

    Mac OS X (Java 1.5)
    ===================

    HSQLDB: PASS
    PostgreSQL 8.2: FAIL (74 failed tests)
    Derby: FAIL (9 failed tests)

    Windows XP Pro SP2 (Java 1.5)
    =============================
    HSQLDB: FAIL

    Only one test failed for HSQLDB for Windows and it was the following:
    testEncodeAsXML(org.apache.cayenne.map.ObjRelationshipTest)

    Without looking into it too much, it's probably a line ending issue.

    General notes:
    =============

    I'm getting a lot of exceptions from the merge stuff. Most are non-terminal
    and the tests will still pass, but the stack trace gets printed.

    For example, I see a lot of messages about duplicate PK tables coming from
    org.apache.cayenne.merge.ExecutingMeregContext#executeSql():60

    I also saw messages such as "table 'new_table' does not exist coming from
    MergeCase#executeSql():146

    I think something funky is going on with the PkGenerator for Postgres,
    causing a wide variety of tests to fail. I'll be digging into that more.

    --
    Kevin