Re: maven improvements

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2008 - 06:15:47 EDT

    > You've not provided, for example, a relativePath to the parent pom -
    > thus maven defaults to assuming that it is one level up (which it's
    > not; it's two levels up).

    If that's the only problem, I guess we are fine with the current
    structure. Installing 1 parent pom locally is a reasonable requirement
    IMO.

    > To be clearer, a number of the sub-modules of the root parent's
    > modules (e.g., /framework/cayenne-client/pom.xml) have as their
    > parent /pom.xml rather than /framework/pom.xml... where the parent
    > of /framework/pom.xml would be /pom.xml.
    >
    > I assume you had a reason for doing this (which I'd not seen before)
    > but it wasn't clear to me what that reasoning was.

    The reason being hiding our internal structure from the end users who
    import Cayenne in their projects. This reduces the number of
    intermediate parent modules one would need to download to just 1.

    Andrus