Re: Nested context on ROP proposal

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Fri Oct 24 2008 - 04:12:48 EDT

    On 24/10/2008, at 6:27 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

    > I'm really looking for some feedback. I think this feature is must-
    > have for
    > Cayenne and I'll need it in my work

    If you were closer I'd give you a hug. Your ideas on the surface look
    great.

    Would committing a nested context on the client cause a connection to
    be made to the server and lifecycle events, validation run on the
    server for objects in that context? If so, will changes which are made
    by lifecycle events (eg. new objects created) be propagated to the
    client (which currently doesn't happen) so they can be included in the
    parent context when it is then committed?

    Or do they remain purely on the client until the parent context is
    committed? In that case, what happens if the server validation fails
    for objects in the child context?

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001