Re: Include modeler.bat back in the distribution?

From: Andrey Razumovsky (razumovsky.andre..mail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 17 2008 - 02:58:34 EST

    It works, but I see the same effect Demetrios does. I can confirm it's
    annoying.
    The problem is, that Java5 (at least before Update 9) doesn't support
    Vista's new UI theme, called 'Aero'. So, when java app with Swing starts,
    screen blinks and a message pops up, telling Aero has been disabled.
    So exe-file must be built using Java 6 (the Java NSIS script points to). Jar
    should be built with 1.5, still.

    I've read that Aero is supported in 1.5.0 update 9, not only 1.6. So I could
    test modeler built with that JDK. Let me create a JIRA issue

    [1]
    http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/windows_vista_aero_glass_and_java_dont_mix.html