Re: access.reveng package

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2008 - 07:25:36 EST

    > While I have no objections to this renaming in general, you should
    > know that
    > this package was already distributed in M5. So this renaming can
    > cause
    > potential compilation problems unless we keep old deprecated
    > "reveng-classes".

    We may go through a deprecation, but we don't have to. The promise
    about API stability that we give to our users is that *stable* API
    will be modified as gently as possible. Milestone releases are
    considered alpha and give us the freedom to modify newly introduced
    API's at will.

    > I feel that such decisions should be made in a consensus, but
    > usually I get
    > little feedback with that..

    Absolutely. In fact what's at work here is "lazy consensus". If you
    suggest something and get no relevant feedback, you are absolutely
    within your rights as a committer to proceed with your initial idea.

    Andrus