Re: access.reveng package

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Sat Dec 20 2008 - 20:23:02 EST

    On 20/12/2008, at 11:14 PM, Andrey Razumovsky wrote:

    > While I have no objections to this renaming in general, you should
    > know that
    > this package was already distributed in M5. So this renaming can
    > cause
    > potential compilation problems unless we keep old deprecated
    > "reveng-classes".

    Andrey, I think the only things you should do now are:

    * create a Jira task with a short explanation of what was done
    * add to the RELEASE NOTES something like:

    API changes since M4:
    * access.reveng package has been renamed map.access

    Otherwise I agree that the only reason M5 wasn't called 3.0.5 is that
    there still remains greater flexibility to break backward
    compatibility. Which is why before we release 3.0, the whole
    generifying query discussion needs to be revisited...

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001