Re: CM Inheritance tree view , entity cross-linking

From: Adrian A. (a.adrian.tec..mail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 04 2010 - 08:07:52 EST

    > Just had to debug a fairly large model that I am not intimately familiar
    > with, that used inheritance (entity inheritance as well as multiple
    > custom superclasses) and it was rather hard to understand the overall
    > structure.
    This is the case for most users: they have to use, understand and extend
    the model
    from other designer/architect/senior developer (at least in commercial
    projects).

    > Wonder if we should create an alternative tree view
    +1 for a treeview, but IMHO there's no need to be "alternative", but
    to be displayed in the same structure, and also have the attributes too,
    like in this screenshot (the tree only):
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12403124/CM+-+Data+Browse+1.png

    A simple setting (and shortcut) could toggle this "detailed" tree to
    show all attributes (and super classes) instead of just the entity names
    as tree nodes.

    IMHO this also overlaps with the:
    and
    since there this detailed tree would be also required.

    Adrian.