Re: NullPointerException in QueryUtils$ExpressionTranslator.reverseDbPath(ObjEntity, String)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 01:50:33 EDT

    On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 01:42 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Ok. This was mis-information. I have another
    > almost-identical-in-format-and-purpose table that this is true for, but
    > PENDING_PAYMENT has a primary meaningless key and a foreign key to
    > PAYMENT_HISTORY.
    >
    > So I don't know why it caused a problem. I do see asymmetry in the
    > relationships (no reverse for PendingPayment's paymentHistory
    > relationship)
    > in the model.xml file.

    Yeah, missing reverse DB relationship will most definitely case this
    problem. See tips #2 and/or #3 from the modeler guide:

    http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/modelerguide/modeling-tips.html

    > This was an imported EOModel -- is it malformed somehow? Do all
    > relationships need to have a reverse relationship defined?

    Now why it is missing is another question. It needs further
    investigation with your source EOModel. Can you reproduce it? I mean -
    import EOModel again, and see if the new resulting map is missing the
    relationship as well.

    Andrus