Re: Confusion about writable to-many relationships

From: Scott Ellsworth (scot..lodar.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 19:16:02 EST

On Jan 30, 2004, at 1:38 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2004, at 8:28 PM, Scott Ellsworth wrote:
>

>> On Jan 29, 2004, at 4:46 PM, Scott Ellsworth wrote:
>>
>>> If it would help, I will send the data model about, as it is only 2k
>>> zipped.
>>
>> Zip file included in issue CAY-88.
>>
>> Scott
>
> Scott,
>
> I looked at your mapping an I think the reason for the error is that 2
> DbRelationships that are to-many are erroneously mapped as to-one:
> SystemDbEntity -> PlayerSystemLink and PlayerDbEntity ->
> PlayerSystemLink. And their reverse relationships are mapped as
> "to-many" while they should be "to-one".

Aaargh. I thought it might be something simple.

Again - AAARGH!

Of COURSE a single system has may have many entries in
PlayerSystemLink, and a single player may have many entries in
PlayerSystemLink. You do not know how many times I looked at that and
thought "Yep - link ->> System rather than the correct System ->> Link.

Thanks much - creating 45000 Systems and 90000 links now works just
greate. Glad it was something that simple.

For my information for next time, would it have been better to only
file the issue with the map, to only email the list, but attach the
maps, or to do as I did and send an email to the list, but put the maps
in an issue.

Scott