Re: Cayenne, Tapestry, Spindle and Jetty Launcher

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2004 - 16:56:20 EST

    On Jan 30, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Fernando Donati wrote:

    > I've just discovered the wonderful world of Eclipse + Spindle + Jetty
    > Launcher when developing tapestry apps. Obviously, I want to develop
    > apps with cayenne as well, so I started doing that but ran into a
    > mysterious error: when I run it from inside eclipse with Jetty
    > Launcher, I get a "No suitable DataNode to handle query." error,
    > although I can see in the log that the program has previously found
    > the datanode (it writes out all the connection string, user, etc).

    Hi Fernando,

    Haven't tried Jetty launcher yet (should try it someday, manual
    deployment of web apps seriously slows me down). I am pretty sure it
    introduces lots of uncertainty from the nested ClassLoaders (especially
    when mixed with Eclipse environment), so some of normal Cayenne web
    application configuration solutions
    (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/web-application.html)
    may break.

    I am guessing that putting all cayenne XML files in CLASSPATH instead
    of WEb-INF, and using standalone app configuration
    (http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/deploy/standalone-
    application.html) will probably work.

    Thanks
    Andrus