Re: Newby question about Cayenne, threads and EOF comparison

From: Todd Blanchard (tblanchar..ac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 12:09:30 EST

    I'm just getting started on the same path as you. I'm going with
    Cayenne and Tapestry. So far I like it but I've only gotten the demo
    apps up and running and begun to see how they work.

    For Cayenne, the existence of a modeler tool was a huge consideration.
    I don't have the patience to type endless dense xml mapping files.

    For tapestry - I need to do an app that is I18N aware - the inability
    to put executable scripts in tapestry pages is a big win in that
    context. JSP was a bad idea. Building on top of it is a worse idea.

    App server - I've got OS X which shipped with Tomcat and JBoss with
    embedded Tomcat. I started using JBoss but the embedded Tomcat was
    very unreliable (frequent page request failures), I swapped it out with
    an embedded Jetty and it seems to be solid.

    Just my $0.02