Re: Hollow state and Tapestry

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 11:19:07 EDT

    On Apr 26, 2004, at 4:58 AM, Todd O'Bryan wrote:

    > I think I had an epiphany.
    >
    > I notice that my page properties which are CayenneDataObjects can be
    > set programmatically and work (contrary to the thread I mentioned),
    > but only end up in a hollow state if I pass them as a parameter to a
    > Tapestry DirectLink. I'm starting to think that the problem mentioned
    > in the thread has been fixed, but that passing a CayenneDataObject as
    > a parameter means that I'll absolutely have to refetch the object once
    > I get the parameter.
    >
    > Is this accurate?

    Not exactly. This may have been the case in 1.0, however in 1.1 there
    is a shared "snapshot" cache kept by DataDomain outside of DataContext.
    So your hollow object can be resolved without a fetch. To confirm that
    it works properly, turn on SQL logging and make sure no queries are
    generated when such a hollow object is accessed.

    Andrus