Re: dataviews / meta-jb

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 16:08:55 EDT

    Jonathan Carlson <Jonathan.Carlso..atun.com> wrote:
    > It would be cool if Cayenne had more support for generation of dynamic
    HTML forms and such, although just having the metadata is a huge step
    forward for me.

    The support is already there for the most part.

    What little is missing can be added by applying the patch in

    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-79

    It's likely that this patch (or something that provides equivalent
    functionality) will be added after 1.1.

    Feel free to ask if you'd like any conceptional help as I've created generic
    closed-source entity reporting and editing templates that create "struts
    actions"/"struts config files"/"validator files"/"vm presentation layer
    templates". I just specify an arbitrary entity, and my ant tasks build all
    of the files needed to both do arbitrary searches on that entity as well as
    edit individual entities. Unfortunately, I can't release the source
    currently.

    -Mike