cache lifetime

From: Bryan Lewis (brya..aine.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 2004 - 14:00:27 EST

    I'm trying a cached query for a mostly read-only entity -- setName(), setCachePolicy(SHARED_CACHE), setRefreshingObjects(false) -- and it's working fine. What's the expected lifetime of the cached results? Will the query ever refetch from the database because the cache has expired or been cleaned up in some way?

    I guess if I want to insure that the query refetches from the database occasionally, I should make the policy be LOCAL_CACHE so it gets refreshed with each new dataContext, right?

    Even if that last part makes sense, I'm still curious about how the lifetime of the shared cache.

    Thanks,
    Bryan