Re: [OT] Vacation Note

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 07:27:18 EST

    Emmanuel Okyere <chief-list..kyere.org> wrote:
    > If you could please look at a message I sent on 12/28, Titled: Select
    > Across Tables/Entities (Joins)
    >
    > link:
    > http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/lists/cayenne-user/2004/12/0156.html
    >
    > As you can see, Joe McDaniel sent me some help, but I'm still grappling
    > with this one; would love to see your take on it.

    It would be most helpful if you could post an update on your problem stating
    what new problems you're having after considering Joe's suggestions.

    As Andrus pointed out in an earlier message, aggregate functions and "GROUP
    BY" have to be handled by raw datarow results since they cannot be
    represented by an ObjEntity.

    You might also take a look at SQLTemplate which is the replacement for
    SqlSelectQuery in Cayenne 1.1.

    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/fetch/sqltemplate.html

    -MIke