Re: Cayenne: Is it thread safe as compared to EOF?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 21:49:53 EST

    Dov Rosenberg <dov.rosenber..onviveon.com> wrote:
    > We have had pretty good performance for our 5.2 based application. The
    only
    > reason I am even considering a swap is the pricing for WO adds to the cost
    > of our application. I would be very happy if WO went open source.
    >
    > I guess I should complain too much - it is certainly cheaper than it was a
    > few years ago :)

    I think I've probably reached the point where if I were starting another WO
    project, I'd still use Cayenne as the database layer. All of the features
    I used in EOF are now in Cayenne. And the ability to track down an obscure
    error and even fix it myself (like in
    http://objectstyle.org/jira/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=CAY-256 ) is far
    better than reporting a bug to Apple and hoping it gets fixed in the annual
    patch release.