Re: Cayenne vs EOF: How to questions?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 21:41:32 EST

    Dov Rosenberg <dov.rosenber..onviveon.com> wrote:
    > How dramatic of a change is it to move from EOF to Cayenne?

    I moved a large WO5.0 app from EOF to Cayenne without problems. The only
    issue I remember was that Cayenne didn't support restricting qualifiers,
    optimistic locking or OpenBase at the time. However, it turned out to be
    relatively easy to implement those features and get them merged back into
    Cayenne!

    > Have you come across anything that has given you pause about Cayenne?

    No, not really. Just compare what advanced EOF features you're using with
    what features Cayenne currently supports. For those that are missing,
    you'll either need to provide patches to Cayenne to support them, or learn
    to do without until someone else adds them in.

    The ability to either get excellent support on the mailing lists, or to
    provide your own support via access to the source code is excellent! And I
    am exuberant about no longer having to deal with EOEditingContext.lock()
    debugging!

    -Mike