Re: flattening relationships...

From: tnaki..ofthome.net
Date: Tue Mar 01 2005 - 12:16:41 EST

    Cris Daniluk wrote:

    >Editing the file directly might get you in some trouble if you make it a
    >habit :)

    I acctually expected the modeler to complain upon opening the map
    definition, but it recognized the modification perfectly...googling for
    anything like "cayenne many-to-many flattening", reading obscure xml of
    a god-know-what-kind of database, applying the acquired knowledge to my
    own model and voila! ...talk about the long way round... :-)
    Thanks to your instructions, I just added an new chained relationship
    with three, yes, three, relations in notime. :-)

    FWIW, the GUI design is a bit misleading in the sense that you go for
    "new to-many" or "new to-many" buttons when you see an empty list of
    relations - perfectly natural, if you ask me, but in the wrong
    direction, from what I understand.