Re: cannot obtain connection

From: tnaki..ofthome.net
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 13:57:14 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    >Hi Tomislav,
    >
    >Looks like your application load requires more than one connection in the
    >pool ... or maybe you just have long running queries, so timeouts can
    >occur even on light loads.
    >
    >Just change the maximum number of connections for the DataNode to a higher
    >value in this dialog:
    >
    >http://objectstyle.org/cayenne/images/modelerguide/datanode.jpg

    Thanks, Andrus. Still, do you think a much bigger default might be in order?
    What would happen if I set max=256? Would I have 256 connection objects
    or would they be created on demand, when all other connection objects in
    a connection pool are in use? Questions, questions, questions, I know. :)

    Regards,
    Tomislav