Re: Problems with cayenne, tapestry and postgres

From: tnaki..ofthome.net
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 08:57:06 EDT

    tnaki..ofthome.net wrote:

    > and lower() don't work as they should. If I had a little more time on
    > my hands, I'd try using ISO-8859-2 or windows-1250 an the database
    > encoding and *then* see if upper() and lower() work - I suggest you
    > try this, if for no other reason, than to see is it a UTF-8-postgresql
    > related problem.

    Found it!
    Of all three code encodings that can represent Croatian text (UNICODE
    a.k.a. UTF-8, ISO-8859-2 a.k.a. latin2, windows-1250), only latin2 seems
    to work as expected with a case insensitive LIKE. statement.
    Don't know why the postgresql crew made such a mess of encoding names,
    though... :-(

    Tomislav