Re: Eclipse Cayenne plugin

From: Kevin Menard (kmenar..ervprise.com)
Date: Wed Aug 24 2005 - 13:45:00 EDT

    On Aug 24, 2005, at 1:33 PM, Øyvind Harboe wrote:

    >> As far as I can tell, the page spec editor for Spindle basically
    >> provides auto-complete based upon a DTD. There are plenty of XML
    >> editors out there that will do this. Of course, the issue is with
    >> custom data types, which Spindle will also suggest. I'm just not
    >> seeing the real benefit here I guess.
    >>

    > Sounds like this isn't something for you.

    I wouldn't say that's the logical conclusion. It's not that I'm
    opposed to it, it's that I'm not seeing the real benefit, as I've
    stated. In other words, I'm not seeing compelling evidence that it'd
    be more worthwhile to write XML by hand rather than use the Modeler.
    If you could please qualify your request/concern/whatever you want to
    call it, then I would be more informed, rather than writing it off as
    something that's not for me.

    --
    Kevin