Re: Maximum cache size?

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Sun Aug 28 2005 - 05:24:41 EDT

    On Aug 28, 2005, at 8:09, Gili wrote:

    > I can see one can configure the maximum number of objects
    > cached across a DataDomain but I don't see how one can configure
    > the maximum cache size in terms of bytes or how many of each kind
    > of DataNode may be cached. I mean, if the cache consists of 10,000
    > objects but I don't get to control which objects these are this
    > could range anywhere from 10,000 bytes to 10,000 MB for me. That's
    > a pretty big range! :)

    You are correct. The current cache are limited by the number of
    objects. Tha map used is LRUMap:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/apidocs/org/apache/
    commons/collections/map/LRUMap.html

    > Is there a way to better control the cache?

    Probably.. I think you will have to provide a java.util.Map
    implementation that works the way you want.

    Regards,
      - Tore.