Re: 3t server enchancements

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Dec 13 2005 - 03:14:59 EST

    Marcin,

    Seems like all the functionality you are asking for is already there.

    > Cayenne 3t uses hessian, so all requests are HttpRequests, and all
    > HttpSession data from HttpRequest, and then addCookie() to
    > HttpResponse. There is no cookie handling on client, has anyone
    > tried to implement that ?
    > Maybe there is a different way to implement sessions ?

    Hessian server supports its own sessions (see BaseRemoteService). I
    wouldn't mind to investigate cookie-based sessions as well (to be
    more like a regular webapp), but session functionality is there already.

    > Hint for someone trying to use secure communication with https
    > protocol: Hessian does not support https.

    Not true. I used it with HTTPS successfully. This is just a
    deployment setting of the container. Has nothing to do with the use
    of Hessian.

    Andrus