Re: 3t server enchancements

From: Marek Wawrzyczny (marek_wawrzyczn..nternode.on.net)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 10:00:12 EST

    Hi Andrus,

    Let me see if I understand the Hessian sessions correctly.

    It seems to me that every unique DataContext in 3T opens a new
    HessianConnection, thus establishing a new Hessian session. However, this
    Hessian session is not tied to (and it doesn't appear possible to tie it to)
    the physical HttpSession.

    Our client/server application requires us to write user authentication on the
    server. However, the user data is stored in the database. Additionally, once
    the user is verified, all peer contexts on the server, have to be "tied" to
    that user. We're hoping to (eventually) implement quite sophisticated
    connection control on the server.

    Ideally, the point at which we intercept session information allows us to
    access both connection data (IP address, SSL certificates, etc) and Cayenne
    data (DataContext, Hessian session, etc).

    It appears that hacking into HessianServlet allows us to obtain connection
    data, hacking into HessianService allows us to get Cayenne data, however
    there is nothing that allows us to connect the two types of data together...
    any hints :)

    Marek Wawrzyczny

    --
    -